So if you are a person who is super conscious about their diet, as they don’t want to take extra calories…. Or people who had been on a keto diet, just to be in shape….
Get rid of the tasteless salads doused and toasted with plain salt and black pepper! I have some crazy recipe for you guys, go for this amazing zucchini fries and a treat which will drive you insanely…
Yeah because I am going to tell you stunning fact about these fries….
Yes! That’s true and no one would believe that these fries are baked :O
Guess what? With less than half of the calories and carbs of potato fries! I have been struggling with my weight loss as I am a foodie and I love to dine out but the massive pounds on my body is an uninvited guest 🙁
I thought to give it a try while my weight loss journey and it turned to be extra yummy guys! So let’s get into the recipe because I won’t take any chance to make you regret not trying this recipe…
So you’ll be needing the ingredients! Okay I know I am being silly but let’s just scroll down for the ingredients!
Ingredients For low-carb Zucchini Fries
- 3-4 large Zucchini ends trimmed (quartered lengthwise)
- ½ cup of all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs (lightly beaten)
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 1/2 cup of freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ tsp of salt
- ¼ tsp of black pepper
- ¼ tsp of garlic powder
- ¼ tsp paprika
- 2 cups Panko bread crumbs
- ¼ tsp of Italic seasoning
- 2 tbsp of fresh parsley leaves
- Cooking spray is good for making the foil or parchment paper a slight greasy
- Shallow Bowl would be required for the good mixing of ingredients
- Rubber whisk or a hand mixer for lightly beating of eggs
- Ladle or a stirring tool for a thorough mixing of the preparatory materials
- Electric oven to bake the Zucchini fries
- Plastic or wooden tongs to turn once through halfway
Preparation (15 minutes)
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil with the help of cooking spray.
- Spread it on the cooling rack and set it aside
- Assemble panko bread crumbs, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, paprika, Italic seasoning, all-purpose flour and fresh parsley leaves in a shallow bowl and give it a good mix with the stirring tool
- Trim the ends of Zucchini with a chef’s knife or paring knife, cut them in a quarter length with a chef’s knife
- With a hand mixer beat two eggs, add parmesan cheese to it and salt to taste
Process (30-35 minutes)
- Dip zucchini strips to the egg mixture and move to the next step
- Now dip into the mixture of bread crumbs and others as I stated it before (optional step: shake them so that the excess is removed)
- Now put it on the prepared bake sheet and drizzle olive oil with cooking spray
- Bake the zucchini strips in a pre-heated electric oven 425°F (220°C) fro 20 to 25 minutes until the strips get golden brown, flipping the strips halfway with the wooden tongs
- Enjoy with ketchup or dips
Lets us know how was the recipe! I hope you all will enjoy this low-carb diet!
More Potato Recipe: Homemade Sweet Potato Gnocchi Recipe