The environment is getting hard, so is our drinking water. You can’t change your environment radically, but you can install a water purifier to purify your home drinking water.
Although there are a lot of water purifiers out there claiming to filter your water with harmful contaminants, but a very few are useful. Here, we’ve shortlisted 10 best water filter, pitchers and purifiers to get your job easier to buy one.
As a homeowner, you have a lot of responsibilities to fulfill in order to provide your family with healthy and comfortable living experience. There are very small things to consider like cleaning the home to make it a better place to live or to ensure your kids have a healthy lifestyle by installing a water purifier in your home.
We all know how the environment is becoming extremely toxic day by day. The water and sanitary conditions are worse around the globe.
This makes clean drinking water a luxury instead of a commodity. So, to ensure the water you and your family are drinking thoroughly pure and contaminant-free, you need to install the best whole house water filter in your home.
Quick Comparison – Editor’s Choice For The Best Water Purifiers In 2021
10 Best Water Purifiers In Our View | Review
We know finding the best water purifier may be a battle, but not if you know where and what to look for. This is where our entire article comes into play.
We have combined a list of the best water purifiers to ensure you find all the right products in one place. Take a look at our detailed recommendations and then decide for yourself.
Here comes the detailed review of our top 10 water purifiers that you must consider to help your water get pure, clean and healthy.
1- iSpring RCC7 [Under Sink Reverse Osmosis System]
- This system is certified to NSF/ANSI 58. High Capacity Reverse Osmosis water filtration...
- Experience clean, safe, good-tasting water every time you turn on the faucet. Enjoy...
SpecificationsManufacturer: iSpring | Item Weight: 20 pounds | Product Dimension: 15 x 8 x 18 inches | Filters: up to 99% of over 1, 000 contaminants, including lead (removes up to 98% of lead), chlorine, fluoride, arsenic, asbestos, calcium, sodium, and more | Easy, do-it-yourself installation
The reason why we chose RCC7 is that this is a very simple and inexpensive way of acquiring reverse osmosis filtration without having to install any extra and loaded features.
Along with that, this is one of the highest producing units because it comes with an astonishing capacity of 75-gallons. It has 5 stages of filtration and it provides you with an abundance of filtered clean water on a daily basis.
Before we indulge into the details of this water purifier, let’s discuss some of the amazing features that this RCC7 offers you with.
- It is a very simple and inexpensive water filtration system.
- It comes with a very simple installation process.
- The system offers you 75-gallons worth of filtered water on a daily basis.
- The unit features simple cartridge type filters.
- The unit wastes three gallons of water to produce one gallon of filtered water that indicates its higher efficiency rating.
- The cartridge filters in this unit have been placed inside filter containers to give it a more commercial look. The design is really amazing and it is definitely going to add up to the grace of your kitchen for sure.
- The capacity of wasted water will also depend on the water pressure but on average, the 3-gallons of water is the capacity that is usually gone to waste by all of the products launched by iSpring.
We have to say that changing the filters isn’t as easy as some might suggest. Most of the filter systems that are found in homes are easy to pull out but this isn’t. To change the filters, simply loosen the housing with the plastic spanner wrench supplied with the system.
Then unscrew by hand (there may be some water spilt at this stage) and take the old filter out When we talk about water efficiency, we usually measure it by observing how much water is wasted in order to attain purified water.
The RCC7 wastes almost 3-gallons of water to purify one-gallon which is on average. Some systems even waste 4-gallons of water for the entire process. As far as installation is concerned, if you happen to be someone who has some knowledge of DIY, you will be able to install this unit very easily.
It comes with a detailed instruction manual so it won’t be any kind of problem for you. All in all, the iSpring RCC7 is a water filtration system that is inexpensive and highly efficient. The company has assured its durability and it is a low-maintenance unit.
2- HQUA-OWS-6 [Best Whole House Water Purifier]
- 25W 6GPM unit, 22.5*2.5 in stainless steel chamber, 1/2” (DH15, OD 0.840 inch, 21.34cm)...
- Easy installation, No plumber needed. Horizontal installation and metal connector for the...
SpecificationsManufacturer: HQUA | Item Weight: 2.2 Kg | Product Dimension: 57.9 x 6.4 x 6.4 cm | NO CHLORINE, Chemical Free and Environmentally Friendly | No plumber needed
The HQUA UV Water Purifier is a device that will need to be assembled and once it has been, it will purify your water from all the harmful organisms that were floating in it before the process began.
The HQUA UV Water Purifier comes with several parts that need assembling and each of its parts is highly useful for the entire process to be successful. It comes with a UV reactor chamber, UV lamp and Quartz sleeve and electronic ballast.
The product offers you with a quick, green and safe sterilization process one that will ensure you have access to hygienic and healthy drinking water. The HQUA UV Water Purifier is capable of removing 99.99% of active bacteria from your water and is meant to last for a very long time.
Some of its features have been mentioned below for you to check out and then we will discuss the details.
- It features a 25W 6GPM UV unit, 22.8*2.5 in a stainless steel chamber
- It is very easy to install and you will not need any plumber for the process
- It is an environmentally friendly device that will provide you with safe and healthy drinking water
- It is reliable in different temperatures because of 304 stainless steel and Quartz glass
- The 55-watt UV bulb included in this 12 gallon per minute system has an incredible 9000-hour life and is able to eradicate bacteria in only seconds of exposure. The only catch here is that if the water is coming from a natural resource, it needs to be pretreated because once it leaves the device, it will be sterilized anyway.
If you are a DIYer yourself, you probably won’t mind its simple installation. It is easy to assemble and only carries four main components.
The HQUA UV Water Purifier also features an LED light that will signal green if functioning properly and red if not. This will allow you to be certain of your device working the right way without any confusion.
As far as the company and brand are concerned, HQUA is known for providing amazing customer service to all their customers 24/7. In fact, the company also lets you have two parts instead of one in case a part of HQUA UV Water Purifier brakes.
The product comes with an extensive booklet that will teach you exactly how you will be able to use it. All in all, the HQUA UV Water Purifier is a wise choice for anyone who is looking for a water sterilizer. It offers great efficiency and functionality, definitely worth considering.
3- ZeroWater ZP-010, 10 Cup Water Filter Pitcher with Water Quality Meter [Top Rated]
- 10 CUP WATER FILTERING PITCHER: You'll always have cleaner, pure tasting water on hand...
- FIVE STAGE WATER FILTRATION: Unlike many water filters & pitchers, ZeroWater filters use 5...
SpecificationsManufacturer: ZeroWater | Item Weight:1 pounds | Product Dimension:12.25 x 6 x 11.63 inches | Filters: reduce lead and other heavy metals. Zerowater removes 99.6% of total dissolved solids | NSF certified
Using ZeroWater ZP-010, 10 Cup Water Filter is the most inexpensive way to give your family clean and fresh drinking water. This uniquely designed compact 10 glass water filter is the ultimate goal for every family for clean drinking water.
Let us have a detailed look at the features of this filter:
- The most surprising feature of this water filter pitcher is that it looks compact, easy to carry, but bigger than conventional filters.
- 5 stage filtration system removes suspended solids, organic contaminants, stops bacteria from growing, removes inorganic and radiological compounds, and holds the resin in place.
- 99% removal of TDS makes your water so purified and clean that it tastes even better than bottled water.
- ZeroWater ZP-010 includes a free Water Quality Meter so that you can keep a check on the quality of your water.
- This pitcher filter is FDA approved and NSF certified to reduce the amount on lead and chromium from your water.
People are always ready to pay a little extra when it comes to the quality of water they drink. Water filled with lead, chromium, chlorine, dust, and other contaminants are extremely affective to your family’s health. ZeroWater ZP-010 is the water pitcher filter that will solve all your troubles.
This product has earned great popularity because of its 5-stage filtration system and its convenient design. So, if you are looking for the best water purifiers, buying this one is the right decision.
4- Megahome Countertop [Best counter-top purifier]
- YOUR SAFETY COMES FIRST: This Megahome distiller is UL (Underwriters Laboratory) approved....
- BEST QUALITY: Full 304 stainless steel interior and exterior, including the boil chamber,...
SpecificationsManufacturer: Megahome | Item Weight: 7.04 pounds | Product Dimension: 9.84 x 9.84 x 14.57 inches | Filters: Remove harmful toxins during the distillation process | Temperature: Distills the water at 212 degrees Fahrenheit | UL certified
If we are talking about water distiller, then we are sure the question must come to your mind that what is the difference between distilled water and purified water?
We believe that answer to your question is necessary and we would like to explain it to you before we move ahead with the details for MagaHome Countertop Water Distiller.
In simple terms, water that has been filtered will separate water from various contaminants that can cause nasty odours, poor taste, and in some cases various other substances that can be a threat to your health.
Water distillers, on the other hand, work very differently, and this is why many people turn to this form of “water purification” instead of filtration. A distiller will first turn the water you wish to treat into steam, and it is then condensed back into the water.
The act of being turned into steam and back into the water is where it all happens. The process of distillation brings you as close to the formula of H2O as you can be. If you are looking for the purest form of water, the distillers are what you need to go for.
The MagaHome Countertop Water Distiller is among the best water purifiers for the home that you will find anywhere. It is very easy to use, comes at a reasonable price and is perfect for the home.
Let’s take a look at some of its major features.
- It is constructed with high-quality material
- It comes in a very compact design and you can take it anywhere with you, even on longer journeys
- The power consumption is very minimal and you will end up saving a lot of electricity bill
- The unit is capable of producing one gallon of distilled water which means you will get around 4 litres of drinking water every day.
- The distiller comes in the shape of a kettle and it is very easy to use. You just have to pour in the water to be distilled and the rest will be taken care of automatically.
- The kettle has been constructed with highest-quality materials and one thing that we loved about this product is that the distilled water never touches plastic which is one of the biggest concerns that customers usually have.
- It also comes with the auto-shutoff feature and it will automatically turn off when the container is empty so you do need to worry about your electricity bill. The MagaHome Countertop Water Distiller takes around 5.5 hours pro the distillation process which means you can distil up to 4-gallons of water regularly.
This is a highly compact unit that you can just take anywhere you want. You can easily have purified water on the go if you do choose this product.
All in all, the MagaHome Countertop Water Distiller is one of the best water distillers that you will find in the market and it is definitely going to prove its worth to you.
5- LifeStraw Family 1.0 [Best for Camping]
SpecificationsManufacturer: LifeStraw | Item Weight: 1.15 pounds | Product Dimension: 11 x 9 x 4.5 inches | Filter Life: 3 years | Capacity: 4755 gallon | Flow rate: 9 -12 liters per hour
While we were on the hunt for best water purifiers for home use, we figured that there weren’t many good recommendations to make. So, that is when we decided to look for something that is ideal for not just home usage but can also become your travel buddy so that is when we found LifeStraw family 1.0 Water Purifier.
Before we dive into the details of LifeStraw 1.0 Water Purifier, let’s take a look at some of its most significant features.
- It removes a minimum 99.99% of viruses
- It can filter around 4,750 gallons or 18,000 litres of water to 0.02 microns (20 nm)
- It doesn’t require any electrical power for running
- It comes with an easy-to-clean purification and pre-filter cartridge
- These water filters are guaranteed to work, can be installed easily and lasts for a lifetime with little to no maintenance. LifeStraw 1.0 is perfect for a family of 4.
- The water filter is made up of impact-resistant plastic which means it is highly durable and will not break into pieces if it falls down. The pieces fit really well together and the installation is really easy.
This is a thoroughly amazing water filter and can be used throughout the third-world countries where unfortunately water conditions are horrible. The company behind the LifeStraw products is Vestgaard and it donated around 90,000 of these filters to families in Kenya.
In addition to the list above, the water we tested (from a dirty puddle in the back yard) tasted great! After our own test and what others say, there is no funky plastic taste with this unit. The only differences are likely to come from the water source itself – much in the same way that water from one city can taste very different than another.
The filter comes with a 5-year warranty which is all the more reason to why you need to go for it. LifeStraw 1.0 is meant to last for around 3-years without any kind of problem so it is an amazing fit. As far as portability is concerned, you can easily take in on longer journeys.
You can easily store it in your vehicle but you cannot take it on a backpacking trip. On the whole, we think LifeStraw Family 1.0 Portable Water Purifier is an amazing choice for the price. The water filter is well-capable of handling the needs of an average sized family.
It will take care of all your water needs regarding the washing, cleaning, cooking and drinking for more than 3 years. If you are looking for an efficient yet affordable water purifier, you do have something to consider here.
6- Brita Large 10 Cup [Affordable Water Filter Pitcher]
- The BPA-free Grand water pitcher with filter holds 10 cups of water, enough to fill 3...
- Get great-tasting water without the waste; by switching to Brita, you can save money and...
SpecificationsManufacturer: Brita | Item Weight: 2.48 pounds | Product Dimension:11.94 x 7.38 x 17.56 inches | Filters: chlorine taste and odor, copper, mercury, and cadmium impurities found in tap water | Capacity: 40 gallons | Filter Life: 2 months
Brita is among the biggest manufacturers of water filters so it is eminent that the water purifiers will be of high efficiency. Their 10 cup water filter pitcher comes in a number of colors so you can always match it up with the likes of your kitchen.
Brita Large 10 Cup Water Filter Pitcher is one of the largest and most popular water purifiers available today. It comes in an ergonomic design and it has been manufactured by using BPA-free plastic.
You easily lift it up because it is lightweight, fill it and then place in the refrigerator because of its compact size.
Here are a few key features of this water purifier. Let’s take a look.
- The unit comes with an electronic filter change indicator that will let you know when you need to replace it.
- It doesn’t require any regular maintenance
- It is efficient in removing any kind of contaminants in your water such as chlorine, zinc, copper, mercury and so on.
- It has a maximum capacity of 10 cups which is relatively good as compared to other water purifiers of its calibre.
- The fact that it features an electronic indicator for filter change means that you will know exactly when it is about time to change the water filter. The pitcher can filter approximately 40-gallons of water before it has to be changed which means you will have about two months or even more before you have to think about its maintenance.
It is very effective in removing all sorts of harmful contaminants so it is efficient in that scenario as well. Brita has been in the business of manufacturing water purifiers for very long and they have a lot of experience on their hands.
It is fair to say that if you do end up with this filter in your home. You won’t regret your choice at all. The cartridges of these water filters come with different built-in layers while each layer is responsible for filtering out separate contaminants.
Even though the company is known for manufacturing great water filters, the only setback is that they are not meant to last for very long. According to the manufacturer, the user must change their water filters once they have filtered out 40-gallons of water.
If we make up an average consumption of 2-gallons per day for a small family, it will mean they will have to change the water filter in the next 20 days. So, this is the only thing that set us back but apart from the longevity issue, this filter is meant to do great for you and your entire home.
7- Royal Berkey Gravity-Fed [Best Whole House Water Filter]
- 3.25 GALLON CAPACITY- The portable Royal Berkey Purification System effortlessly purifies...
- POWERFUL PURIFICATION- Berkey systems equipped with Black Berkey Purification Elements...
SpecificationsManufacturer: Berkey | Item Weight:8.8 pounds | Product Dimension: 9.5 x 9.5 x 23 inches | Capacity: 6000 gallons | Filters: 99.999% of viruses and greater than 99.9999% of pathogenic bacteria, while also removing or dramatically reducing protozoa (such as giardia and cryptosporidium), trihalomethanes, inorganic minerals, heavy metals (including arsenic, lead, mercury, chromium), pharmaceutical drugs (including caffeine, Acetaminophen, Ibuprofen, Progesterone, Triclosan)
Berkey’s Gravity-Fed Water Filter was a product that we heard a lot about so we thought it was highly fair we take a look into its specifications and guess what we found out?
The product that we have chosen to be on our list of topwater purifiers is Royal Berkey Gravity-Fed Water Filter. We won’t be exaggerating if we tell you that this filter is phenomenal when it comes to purifying water and if you continue reading, you will find out just why.
Following are some of the best and major features of Royal Berkey Gravity-Fed Water Filter.
- This is a portable water filter that you can easily take alongside you on longer journeys.
- It is equipped with Black Berkey Purification Elements that purifies water by removing 99.99% of viruses.
- You can filter 6,000 gallons of water before it will need replacing which indicates that it is going to last you a very long time.
- It doesn’t require any plumbing, electricity or any other tools for that matter.
- It features an amazing design and graceful exterior. While most of the Berkey water filters feature stainless-steel finish, this one comes with stainless-steel chambers as well. It offers you a capacity of 3-gallons and is definitely going to add to the grace of your kitchen.
- It comes complete with two powerful black water filters as well as a set of PF2 fluoride filters and four 12oz stainless steel drinking cups, representing amazing value for money.
According to most of the customer reviews, the Royal Berkey Gravity-Fed Water Purifier has packed generally positive reviews. It is considered the most popular unit by the company thus the most efficient one as well.
Since it is portable and lightweight, it is easy to carry and will fit perfectly for those families who travel frequently. The price of this product is also pretty reasonable so there aren’t any dragons hidden in the closet there.
The Royal Berkey Gravity-Fed Water Filter is one of the finest purifiers that you will find in the market. it is highly efficient, we loved the design and it is portable which makes it the perfect and complete package.
8- Woder 10K-Gen3 [Top Rated Undersink Water Purifier]
- WQA GOLD SEAL CERTIFIED - to NSF/ANSI 42 for Chlorine, taste, odor and NSF/ANSI 372 for...
- MADE IN THE USA - NO PLUMBING REQUIRED – Comes with ‘Direct Connect’ hoses that fit...
SpecificationsManufacturer: Woder | Item Weight: 16 ounces | Product Dimension: 12 x 2.5 x 2.5 inches | certified by WQA to NSF/ANSI 42 | Filters: Lead (99.9%), Heavy metals, Chlorine (99.9%), Chromium 6, Volatile Organic Compounds and other contaminants (99.9%), odors and bad tastes, Mercury and turbidity | Capacity: 10,000 gallons | Filter Life: 3 years
Since the sewage and hygienic conditions of different countries, especially the third-world, have always been on the rocks, it is important to ensure the water you are drinking is contaminants free or not?
This is where Wonder 10K-Gen 3 Water Filtration System comes into play. This water filter is NSF certified and it will give you the confidence that the water you’re drinking isn’t going to harm your health.
Let’s take a look at some of its prominent features down below.
- This product ensures longevity and can filter around 10,000 gallons of water
- It comes with direct-connect hoses that will fit standard 3/8 water valves under US kitchens and bathroom sink so you do not require any special plumbing for its installation.
- It provides you with pure and healthy drinking water without any contaminants in it.
- The selective filtration ensures that your water is only purified from harmful contaminants and you aren’t deprived of minerals.
- This filter uses microparticles, so it carries far more ingredients. This gives it higher capacity – it will purify your water for around 3 years while remaining optimally effective.
- The Wonder 10K-Gen 3 Water Filtration System is capable of removing lead, chlorine, heavy metals, mercury and other such harmful contaminants. The best part is that even after being purified from this filter, your water remains healthy and doesn’t lose the important minerals that it contains.
- The installation of this purifier will not take you more than 10 minutes. It has been NSF certified and has been constructed while keeping the sink and bathroom systems of the US in mind. You do not require any professional help to install this filter. You can do it all by yourself.
- The filter is capable of filtering 10,000 gallons of water before it will need to be replaced. This is an amazing choice for families that have members more than 5.
The Wonder 10K-Gen 3 Water Filtration System is definitely a wise choice if you are looking for a solid water filtration system for your family.
It can be easily installed, will provide you with healthy drinking water and the best part is, it will last you more than 3-years. So, the Wonder 10K-Gen 3 Water Filtration System is a safe bet for all of you.
9- Boeray 25W 6 GPM [Best UV Ultraviolet Light Water Purifier]
- Flow rate: 6 GPM; Lamp: 25W 110V; In/outlet port:3/4 inch male NPT thread; Reactor...
- Suitable for aquarium, washing vegetables, drinking water, brushing teeth, bathing and...
SpecificationsManufacturer: Boeray | Item Weight: 2.61 Kg | Product Dimension: 78 x 13 x 9.9 cm | Filters: 99.99% destruction of harmful bacteria,such as EColi, Viruses, Fungi, Bacteria ,Protozoan, Cysts Algae & Microorganisms | Flow rate: 6 GPM | audible and visual alarm
It has a standard design, one that you usually find in all other ultraviolet water purifiers. However, the purifier does have a protective tube with a quartz sleeve and it is almost the same size as the other models. It is also one of the most affordable water purifiers that you will ever find.
Before we talk about the details of this water purifier, let’s take a look at its magnificent features.
- It destroys 99.99% of the harmful contaminants in your drinking water
- The flow rate of this unit is 6GPM
- The installation process is pretty simple and you do not need any plumber for that matter
- The whole system comes back by a 1-year warranty
- As far as the performance is concerned, we have to say the purifying water is quite slow. At 6GPM, it takes a lot of time for the purifier to work its magic.
We know that certainly, performance is the only thing we should look at when it comes to units like these but we have to say, this water purifier does look promising in the first glance. The assembly is easy and it comes with a detailed user manual that will help you get through it.
The purifier is highly efficient in ridding water with all the unwanted contaminants. If you do want to purchase this water sterilizer, be sure that you will have an efficient system on your hands.
The included lamp will yield 9000 hours of use, and the purifier even has the ability to reduce water pressure up to 5 PSI. The price is also fairly reasonable so if you are on a budget, Boeray Ultraviolet Water Purifier just might be what you had been looking for.
The company has also backed this unit by their 1-year warranty so in case you feel there might be something wrong with the unit, you can always get it replaced within the 1-year span.
10-GRAYL Ultralight Water Purifier [+ Filter] Bottle
SpecificationsManufacturer: GRAYL | Item Weight: 15.5 ounces | Filters: particulates (e.g. sediment, silt), many chemicals (e.g. chlorine, benzene) and heavy metals (e.g. lead, arsenic) also remove WATERBORNE PATHOGENS (e.g. Hepatitis A, Norovirus, Rotavirus); Bacteria (e.g. E. coli, Salmonella, Cholera); and Protozoan Cysts (e.g. Giardia, Cryptosporidium) |
The GRAYL Ultralight Water Purifier Bottle is here to provide you with the best traveling experience around the globe. Just make this filter bottle your traveling partner, and you will never have to drink that muddy and unclean water on your trips again.
Below are some of the key features that makes this product valuable
- This small-sized filter bottle can remove 9999% of viruses, 9999% of bacteria, 999% of protozoan cysts, Particulates and sediment, common chemicals, and heavy metals from water.
- You can purify 500ml water in just 15 seconds without transferring the water into another bottle. Just fill, press, and drink.
- The purifier cartridges feature two layers of protection that makes this bottle ideal for harsh dealing and environment. It has two layers of non-woven ceramic fiber, positively charged mesh of ion, and activated carbon.
- GRAYL Ultralight Water Purifier Bottle is easy to use, maintain, and carry. It can fit in any of the pockets of your bag back. The filtration system is also ridiculously easy and quick. All you have to do it fill out the sleeve of the bottle and then press the inner bottle to fit inside.
When you’ll come across this water purifying bottle, it will seem like an ordinary one. However, once you start using it, you’ll get to know the difference. Take it along with you to the gym or on your global travels, and this bottle will prove its worth.
The bottle is sturdy and durable, which means it can go through rough handling without a chance to break. An outer plastic shell covers the opaque inner shell that slides in. the inner shell carries the cartridge at the bottom. Just fill it, press the inner shell, and get purified drinking water anywhere in the world in just 15 seconds.
So these were all the recommendations we had regarding best water purifiers. We hope that this article was helpful to you.
We found all of the above-mentioned products after extensive research. We looked at several recommendations, reviews and expert opinions and only then we were able to compile this list.
All the above-mentioned products are of high quality and you will be delighted to own any of them. For any queries in this regard, do let us know through your feedback below. Also, if you have any recommendations that our readers should know about, feel free to enlighten us.
A curious business owner who rarely depends on online reviews & opinions. I only trust products & services that I’ve tried myself – and keep the records in my articles.
Last update on 2021-03-08 at 11:25 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API