When we talk about Southern Chicken steak, believing it that you have never tried this staple meal would be hard.
However, I can trust you when you say that you haven’t tried it at home yet. There is not a single dish that you can pay for in a restaurant and can’t cook at home.
Today, I am going to help you make your dream come true by presenting the easiest fried chicken steak recipe. With this recipe, you can enjoy this mouthwatering steak and make an everlasting impression on your guests.
Characteristics Of The Best Friend Chicken Steak
Everyone deserves to feel like a chef at least once in his or her life, and so do you. This is why it is important that you know about the characteristics of a perfectly fried chicken steak.
I will prefer that you use whole cut meat because if you’ll go for a grocery store’s tenderized meat, you can’t be sure of the meat cut. For southern fried steak, you’ll need a much thinly sliced chuck steak in sirloin.
The next important thing is the breading and milk.
If you have little expertise in making your own seasoning, you can use plain flour and add your homemade seasoning in it.
Now, you are aware of all the basics. I guess it’s time to stop waiting and move towards the scrumptious and appetizing Southern fried chicken recipe.
Ingredients For The Chicken
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 1/2 pounds sirloin
Ingredients For The Gravy
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
Okay, now gather all the ingredients and begin with the seasoning.
- Prepare the seasoning flour by adding salt, paprika, ground black pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder in the flour.
- Stir all the ingredients until they are mixed well.
- Put aside the seasoning flour in a shallow container.
- Now take a shallow dish and pour the buttermilk in it.
- Put the steak into the flour, batter it, and then shake off the excess.
- Put the battered steak in the buttermilk, and put it back in the flour. Coat the steak well so that you’ll get a fine crust when you fry it.
- Now, place the steak on the wired rack on a baking sheet so that the coating may rest and dry.
- Repeat the process with other steak pieces.
- Now heat up the skillet after adding about 3 inches of oil in it. The temperature of the oil should not be more than 350 degrees.
- Place only one to two pieces of meat in the skillet at a time. Cook them well until the crust starts to get brown. It takes 7 to 8 minutes for a single side to cook so don’t turn over the steak before it is fully cooked and brown.
- Remove it from the skillet once it is cooked and drain all the extra oil from it.
Use the gravy mix you love the most. If you don’t have any favorites, you can simply make your own gravy in 5 minutes.
- Take a small pot and add 2 tablespoons of butter in it over medium heat.
- When the butter is completely melted, add the flour and cook it for at least a minute.
- Add ¾ cup of whole milk and stir the mixture until it thickens.
- Season it with ½ tablespoon of salt and ½ tablespoon of black pepper.
What to serve with the Southern fried chicken steak
While the southern fried chicken steak is served with white sauce gravy, you can add more to enhance the real aroma of the meat by serving it with mashed potatoes, Texas toast, green beans, and sprouts.
This will not only add more flavors to your dish but make it look more presentable and professionally cooked.
I’m a medical Microbiologist and inclined towards best buying practices. Critical towards choosing the best product and honest with my feedback. I’m a seasoned writer having more than 5 years of experience in multiple niches.