You can’t trust your tap water. That is what everyone has been telling you right? Well, this is true somehow. A best refrigerator water filter is what every home needs at this part of time.
Despite adding disinfectants like chlorine, some micro-organisms and chemicals can still be there in the tap water. Sometimes, there is a certain kind of odor in the public water supplies.
That is because of the chlorine they add in it. Most people don’t like that smell. Chlorine alters the natural taste of water as well. Also, some harmful parasites may still be there because some micro-organisms are resistant to the disinfectants currently being used to treat water.
Moreover, heavy toxic metals can be there in your water. These metals can be fatal in the long run.
A refrigerator water filter is a great option for being sure that your water is completely safe to drink. It is like a water filter that fits with your refrigerator and ice water dispenser. It is a safer alternative for your sink taps.
So, here I have put together 5 of the best refrigerator water filters to help you choose one. These best Water Filters are Compatible with Whirlpool, Maytag, Kenmore, LG, Amana & more fridges.
Quick Comparison – 5 Best Refrigerator Water Filters
|Waterdrop DA29-00020B Refrigerator Water...||$16.99||Buy on Amazon|
|General Electric MWF Refrigerator Water...||$46.86||Buy on Amazon|
|Samsung Electronics HAFCIN Samsung...||$35.91||Buy on Amazon|
|EveryDrop by Whirlpool 10383251...||41,723 Reviews||$43.99||Buy on Amazon|
|Frigidaire ULTRAWF Pure Source Ultra...||$72.02||Buy on Amazon|
5 Best Refrigerator Water Filters In Our View
1. Waterdrop Refrigerator Water Filter
- This Samsung DA29-00020B refrigerator water filter replacement, despite its affordable...
- [Advance filtration process] If you have been looking for a way to reduceharmful...
SpecificationsItem Weight: 9.6 ounces | Product Dimensions: 9.1 x 2.2 x 2.2 inches | Assembled Diameter: 2.1 inches | Shipping Weight: 14.4 ounces
- Shows significant filtering results due to its coconut carbon filter technology.
- The porous carbon black filter efficiently removes all kinds of contaminants including chlorine, lead, benzene and others.
- Storage of this Waterdrop refrigerator filter is 300 gallons.
- Will last you a long time of up to 6 months.
- Easy to install and this filter fits the refrigerator perfectly without any water leakage.
- It also has a fridge filter indicator which will indicate the time to replace the filter.
- NSF 53, NSF 42 and NSF 372 certified that will ensure the maximum removal of toxic lead, chlorine, carbofuran, cysts, unwanted sediments, fluorides e.t.c.
- Compatible with a lot of models of Maytag, Samsung, Kitchenaid, Whirpool (Everydrop), Kenmore.
- Has a pressure range of 30-120 psi and its flow rate is 0.5 GPM.
2. GE MWF Refrigerator Water Filter
- GE guaranteed fit: Compatible with select GE side-by-side and bottom-freezer refrigerators
- Premium filtration: Certified to reduce chlorine-resistant cysts, lead, select...
SpecificationsItem Weight: 9.6 ounces | Product Dimensions: 11 x 2 x 2.4 inches | Warranty | Description: 30 day limited filter warranty | Shipping Weight: 13.6 ounces
- Carbon Block Technology helps to reduce many water borne chemicals and pathogens.
- Has an efficient filtration and significantly removes chlorine-resistant bacteria and pathogens.
- Removes heavy metals like lead and giardia which cause many health hazards in human beings. It is NSF certified.
- Simple twist and lock design. No tools are required at the time of replacing the filter.
- The filter flow rate of General Electric (GE) MWF Refrigerator water filter is 0.5 GPM.
- Has a maximum life of 6 months which is very good for a water filter.
- Maximum capacity is 300 gallons. After that it has to be replaced.
- Is compatible with all GE side by side and bottom freezer refrigerators Replaces the GWF, GWFA, GWF01, GWF06 and MWFA models.
3. Samsung Genuine DA 29-00020B Refrigerator Water Filter
- Samsung Genuine Water Filters are guaranteed to reduce contaminants, for fresh tasting...
- Product comes in 2 package types; See product images for both versions of packaging
SpecificationsItem Weight: 8.8 ounces | Product Dimensions: 0.4 x 0.4 x 0.4 inches | Material: ABS | Shipping Weight: 11.4 ounces
- Made from Samsung certified carbon block technology that removes 90% of contaminants from the water.
- Provides you with clean and fresh water that tastes good with Samsung’s guarantee.
- The Samsung refrigerator filter is NSF certified and tested.
- This filter comes with two kinds of packages.
- Its latest technology does not remove any useful minerals from the drinking water.
- Has a life span of more than 6 months and can last you until 3.5 gallons of water.
- Effectively reduces the smell and taste of chlorinated water.
- It is a genuine Samsung Refrigerator water filter and can fit your any Samsung side door or bottom freezer refrigerator.
4. EveryDrop by Whirlpool Refrigerator Water Filter
- Triple Filtration Technology
SpecificationsItem Weight: 7.2 ounces |Product Dimensions: 2.5 x 2.5 x 8.7 inches |Flow Rate: 0.75 GPM |Shipping Weight: 8 ounces
- Removes chemicals like lead, asbestos, mercury and difficult to remove waterborne parasites effectively and is NSF certified so you will not have to worry about the safety of your water with it.
- Only filter certified by Whirlpool Cooperation.
- Works with all models of Whirlpool, Maytag, KitchenAid, JennAir, and Amana refrigerators and side-by-side, top freezer and bottom freezer refrigerators that accept filter 1.
- Has an exact 6 months life.
- Everydrop by Whirlpool needs to be replaced after every 200 gallons.
- You don’t have to worry about its replacement. It comes with a built in light that tells you when the filter has to be replaced.
- Has a built in triple filtration technological system.
- It is the only genuine replacement for the discontinued model W10295370A.
5. Frigidaire ULTRAWF pure source refrigerator water filter
- Enjoy fresh tasting water right from the fridge and directly in your glass with the Pure...
- The Pure Source Ultra ULTRAWF is designed with a carbon-based filter to improve your water...
SpecificationsItem Weight: 1.19 pounds |Product Dimensions: 11.8 x 4.2 x 7.2 inches |Material: Plastic |Warranty Description: 6 month in use warranty |Shipping Weight: 1.19 pounds
- Efficient filtration technology removes the smell and taste of chlorine and unwanted sediments too.
- Removes cysts present in water up to 99.9% and is very effective in removing other kinds of contaminants as well.
- The push and twist design of this filter makes it easy to use and replace.
- NSF 42, 53 and 401 certified to remove out all of the harmful chemicals from your water and provides you with clean and healthy drinking water.
- Frigidaire water filters are certified by Water Quality Association for their sustainability.
- Replaces Frigidaire filters FC-100, FC100, WF2CB, SWF2CB, NGFC 2000, NGFC-2000.
- Maybe used for as long as 9 months and is able to last you a long period of time.
- Also removes pesticides and herbicides completely.
- Designed for refrigerators with front and right top filters.
Top 1 Trending Refrigerator Water Filters
|1||EveryDrop by Whirlpool 10383251...||41,723 Reviews||$43.99||Buy on Amazon|
|2||EveryDrop by Whirlpool Refrigerator...||$47.84||Buy on Amazon|
|3||EveryDrop by Whirlpool EDR3RXD1...||$47.84||Buy on Amazon|
|4||EveryDrop by Whirlpool Refrigerator...||$44.49||Buy on Amazon|
|5||Samsung Electronics HAFCIN Samsung...||$35.91||Buy on Amazon|
|6||GE RPWFE Refrigerator Water Filter NEW...||128 Reviews||$63.00||Buy on Amazon|
|7||General Electric MWF Refrigerator Water...||$46.86||Buy on Amazon|
|8||Filterlogic UKF8001 Water Filter,...||11,030 Reviews||$26.99||Buy on Amazon|
|9||Frigidaire EPTWFU01 Refrigerator Water...||14,173 Reviews||$42.90||Buy on Amazon|
|10||Frigidaire WF3CB Puresource3...||$35.30||Buy on Amazon|
Do Refrigerator Water Filters Really Work?
Refrigerator water filters clean contaminants in the water by forcing the water through activated carbon located inside the filters. The carbon acts like a contaminant magnet trapping pollutants and particles which is why fridge filters are so effective in water filtration.
According to a study conducted by University of Arizona and Good Housekeeping, refrigerator water filters are one of the most effective and common ways of getting rid of contaminated substances from the water.
Are Refrigerator Filters Safe to Use?
Most of the refrigerator water filters you find in the market are highly effective in removing contaminants and unhygienic substances from the tap water. They also make it taste better.
But as the filter is used for longer periods, these contaminants will eventually get stuck between the filter tubes. That makes the flow of water less consistent and only a few contaminants will be removed.
Read More: Resetting Water Filter Light on LG Refrigerator isn’t A Big Deal Now
We know that filtering a filter isn’t an easy thing to do. But the longer an overused filter will occupy your refrigerator and will not get cleaned thoroughly, it will cause you more harm than good. So, you need to ensure the maintenance of your filter and get it thoroughly cleaned every once in a while.
Another thing that is worth advising here is that if you want to ensure you make the most out of your water filters, make sure to replace them every few months.
How Often Should one Change the Water Filter in the Refrigerator?
It is recommended by most experts and refrigerator manufacturers that you replace your refrigerator’s water filter at least every six months. Six months is an average but it can vary widely based on factors such as usage and flow rate expectancy.
Must Read: 8 Best Whole House Water Filters 2020
If you are not sure that you will remember to change your refrigerator water filter, we would suggest to go for companies that pay attention to this need of the customers. Whirlpool and Samsung are among those companies that will always remind you when your filter needs replacement.
Refrigerator Water Filters And Their Features!
As you have read about some of the most common questions to ask yourself before buying a refrigerator water filter, let’s move on and talk about some of the basic features these filters have.
If we compare these filters to dispensers, we would say that refrigerator water filters come in handy. That is mainly because they do not occupy extra space and they’re attached to your fridge which means no extra consumption of electricity is required.
If you have ended up on this page, this means you are looking for information specifically for refrigerator water filters. So, in order to give you a complete insight for this product, we chose to take a look at Samsung’s Refrigerator Water Filters.
Samsung is a company that is known for conquering mountains when it comes attaining success. The company has always lived up to customer’s expectations and we are always delighted to use their products.
The company maybe best known for manufacturing great smartphones and electronic appliances but they have also maintained their reputation in providing quality home appliances.
Also Read: 10 Best Water Filters You Must Have in Your Home
Features of Refrigerator Water Filters
Most of the refrigerator water filters that you will find in the market will almost come with the same features. We decided to shed some light on the features provided to you by Samsung and how beneficial they can be.
- Some users have concerns regarding the certification of these filters but worry not, Samsung refrigerator water filters are tested and certified against ANSI/NSF Standards 42 and 53.
- Even though Samsung is not very well-reputed for its cost but believe us when we tell you, their refrigerator water filters come on the most affordable price range.
- Their fridge water filters are well-capable of producing water and ice because they’re genuine OEM products.
- The Samsung fridge water filters use a revolutionized technology for water filtration that successfully filters most impurities and contaminants from the water.
- The Waterdrop water filters protect the components of the refrigerator itself from potential sediment, thus greatly prolonging its life.
- Last but not the least, the only thing that these water filters remove are the harmful contaminants of water so they will not affect the nutritional value of water. Some filters remove minerals that are good for human health and add to the nutritional value of the consumer which isn’t good at all. So, this is by far the biggest benefit of getting these water filters.
As you can see, refrigerator water filters come in really handy and prove their value to the customer because of their unending benefits. So, in case you were planning on buying a refrigerator water filter, now it would be an easy decision for you to make.
These were our top 5 refrigerator water filters that are best in quality. You can select and buy any one of these that you want or any one that fits your needs the best.
Water filters are very useful if your tap water tastes bad and has a smell. It will also make your water safe to drink. Make sure to check your refrigerator model before buying one.
Also replace them every 6 months or the time mentioned by the manufacturing company. Otherwise the efficiency of them would not be the same.
A curious business owner who rarely depends on online reviews & opinions. I only trust products & services that I’ve tried myself – and keep the records in my articles.
Last update on 2021-04-06 at 23:25 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API