Most of the people these days do not realize the intensity of health hazards around them until they get affected by it first hand. One of the major things that continuously affect your health is impure & unclean water.
Thinking of a solution? Don’t worry I have one. A water distiller machine is an answer to your problem. This machine works like a wonder and cleans even the dirtiest water while you sit back and relax.
Here we will dig in the realms of technology and review 6 of the best water distillers available in the market.
Distillation is a centuries-old procedure to purify water and up till now, this technique is still relevant and is used frequently. The latest technology has enhanced the old distillation procedures and today we get quick fixes that are more reliable than ever.
Before you get into understanding which of these you are going to buy, understand how this thing works, because in the end, an informed decision matters the most.
After careful consideration, we managed to try out most of the products readily available in the market in the quest to find the best water distillers.
Quick Comparison – Editor’s Choice For 6 Best water Distillers
|Megahome Countertop Water Distiller...||2,291 Reviews||$289.00||Buy on Amazon|
|Best-in-Class Stainless Steel Water...||592 Reviews||$279.00||Buy on Amazon|
|Pure Water Mini-Classic CT 120v Counter...||317 Reviews||Buy on Amazon|
|MH943SWS Megahome Water Distiller, Glass...||227 Reviews||$289.00||Buy on Amazon|
|Most Convenient Water Distiller is...||234 Reviews||$199.00||Buy on Amazon|
6 Best Water Distilers In Our View
This is a list of the best quality products that will make it easier for you to decide which product you are willing to invest in. An easy to skim the pros and cons list at the end of every product review will help you make a final decision easily.
1. Megahome Countertop [One of the Best Water Distillers]
- YOUR SAFETY COMES FIRST: This Megahome distiller is UL (Underwriters Laboratory) approved....
- BEST QUALITY: Full 304 stainless steel interior and exterior, including the boil chamber,...
SpecificationsManufacturer: Megahome Countertop | Item Weight: 7.04 pounds | Product Dimension: 9.84 x 9.84 x 14.57 inches | UL certified | Distills 1 gallon every 5.5 hours| temperature: 212 degrees Fahrenheit | removes toxins and contaminants
This is a high-quality countertop water distiller that encompasses all the latest technology and safety standards in its design.
It is pretty and sleek from the outside and its interior is made with the 304 stainless steel, including the boiling chamber, upper steam dome, and stainless condensing coils.
The boiling and condensation coils are all safe to use and clean. No more worrying about plastic because the inside of the distiller is completely separated from the exterior body.
The collection jar is made up of glass as well to ensure complete purity of water until you pour it in your glass.
To ensure the ultimate purity and make its place among the best stainless steal water distillers under 500 dollars in NY, Megahome Countertop Water Distiller heats up to 212 degrees Fahrenheit.
Megahome Countertop Water Distiller comes with 6 optional use of carbon filters. These are most beneficial when the water to be purified might be contaminated with volatile compounds and chlorine gas.
These components can get mixed in steam and could be present in the final distilled water. The carbon filters specialize in removing these volatile compounds so that the quality of your drinking water is never compromised.
The most prominent feature of this water distiller is the high-end safety that it ensures. The design is approved by UL which is a US-based private authority that certifies products based on their safety.
After qualifying all the required tests Megahome Countertop Water Distiller is now one of the best water distillers that you can find in the USA.
Many insurance companies require you to use UL certified appliances and if this is the case, this one is a completely safe option for you.
Above all the product provides you with a one-year limited warranty along with high quality and efficient customer support so that any mishap can lead to great compensation.
Your money and your health both are in safe hands with the Megahome water distiller products.
- Distills 1 gallon of water in 5.5 hours.
- Removes all unwanted toxins and contaminants by heating the water to 212 degrees Fahrenheit.
- It comes with 6 high-quality optional charcoal filters.
- The interior including boil chamber, upper steam dome, and condensing coils are made with stainless steel that keeps the water safe and away from the plastic exterior throughout.
- The distiller includes a durable and easy to use porcelain lined nozzle, and a glass collection bottle. This ensures the purity of water from the beginning to the end.
- 1-year warranty and highly efficient customer support.
- UL certified for fire safety which goes by the safety regulations of many insurance companies.
2. H2oLabs Water Distillers [Best in class stainless steel water distiller]
- Now with H2o Labs EXCLUSIVE Activated Carbon Pods that last twice as long and contain 3...
- The entire steam chamber, (bottom, sides and dome), and the full length of the condensing...
SpecificationsManufacturer: H2oLabs | Item Weight: 13.15 pounds | Product Dimension: 16.5 x 12.01 x 11.26 inches| Activated Carbon Pods | effective VOC removal
H2O Labs’ model 100- Best-In-Class Stainless Steel Water Distiller with Glass Carafe, Porcelain Nozzle Insert and Most Effective VOC Removal: This water distiller has managed to attain a highly respectable place with its high-quality performance and durability.
It is known for one of a kind built, an easily maintainable system that is convenient to operate and provide best quality purification. It is indeed one of the best water distillers available in the market in terms of design, functionality, quality, economy, warranty, technical and customer support, and customer satisfaction.
This distiller comes with activated carbon pods and a very efficient filter media that can suck away all the volatile compounds from the water. Volatile compounds could be very detrimental to a person’s health and avoiding them to the best of your ability is very important.
H2o Labs distiller makes sure that you do not have any water-related health hazard and purify everything out of it till you have plain water coming out of the porcelain nozzle. The 5 packets of activated carbon pods can keep your H2o Labs distiller working for an entire year.
The entire inner infrastructure of this distiller is made with the best quality 304 stainless steel which is considered as one of the highest quality stainless steel types. All the internal nozzles, tubes, boiling chamber and steam chamber with including bottom, sides and dome are made with this stainless steel material.
This ensures the safety of water when it is being purified. H2o Labs make every appliance with the safest of all materials. The outer plastic body of this distiller is made with BPA- free and food safe plastics.
Everything seems safer when the materials are non-hazardous to health, to begin with. Another quality that makes this distiller stands out as one of the best water distillers is the innovative design of its nozzle.
This nozzle is made with porcelain material and it prevents the purified water from touching the metal or the plastic and get straight into the collection pot. This is how you will get the purest water without any harmful substance and sustain even when you do not have fresh water supply anywhere around you.
The H2o labs’ distiller has an optimum sized 565-watt heating element. It might sound very small to many people but this is what makes this product more efficient and safer than the others.
To compensate this loss an ineffective technology called the splash shield is also used but all of these cannot prevent the inevitable mixing of volatile organic compounds in the pure steam which in turn compromises the purity of the final distilled water.
The company provides the best package with this distiller and it comes along with a carefully crafted glass carafe. If you are going to use this distiller with very hard water, the chances of developing a hard water scale are very high.
To deal with this problem the package also offers some cleaning crystals for the machine. Along with all these essentials, a whole year’s supply of carbon pods comes at a bonus.
And a manual is also provided so that you can understand the working of the machine whenever it confuses you.
- Tested and certified distiller with easy to operate the system and a sleek design that is very easy to maintain as well.
- Beautiful design with equally efficient functionality that comes at a very economical price.
- H2o Labs EXCLUSIVE Activated Carbon Pods that last twice as long and contain 3 TIMES the filtering media, specifically designed to provide the purest water and can remove the volatile organic compounds most effectively.
- The inside, including the steam chamber, coils, and the boiling chamber is made with 100 percent stainless steel.
- All the plastic used in the product is BPA- free.
- Comes with an easy life glass carafe.
This package is all that you need to step into a new world full of purity and safety.
3. Pure Water Mini-Classic CT 120v [Best Counter Top Distiller]
- Produces .8 gallons (approx. 3 liters) of 99.9+% pure vapor-distilled water in 3.5 hours
- Uses a removable boiling tank for easy filling and cleaning
SpecificationsManufacturer: Pure Water | Item Weight: 31.3 pounds | Product Dimension: 13.5 x 9.87 x 15.7 inches | Capacity: 8 gallons per 3 hour | 15-year warranty on stainless steel | 2-year warranty on electric components
Pure Water Mini-Classic CT 120v Counter Top Distiller Review: Pure Water Mini-Classic CT 120v Counter Top Distiller is a smaller unit that is feasible for smaller families and single person use.
This appliance is manufactured to provide you with more than 99.99 percent pure water available in your own kitchen whenever you want. No need to install special systems to set up the water distiller anymore.
This small design has a flow rate of around 0.8 ounces or 3 liters in 3.5 hours. The device is manufactured in such an ingenious way that throughout the distillation process, the water never comes in contact with the plastic which keeps it pure and free from any unwanted harmful by-products.
Unlike conventional appliances, this one maintains its place as the best water distillers of all because it maintains the taste of water. After distillation, the flat-tasting water passes through the carbon filters that enrich it with minerals needed for a good taste.
This product has a patented technology where dual purity vents are made to purify the water of volatile organic compounds. So you do not need any extra space for larger distillers to remove chlorine-like chemicals from the water anymore.
Every part of this appliance is proudly made in the USA and aims to promote the local industry of the country.
Lastly, Pure Water Mini-Classic CT 120v Counter Top Distiller comes with a 15 years stainless steel warranty and 2 years warranty for the electrical components of the machine.
Lets take a brief glance at the main features of the product:
- Provides more than 99.99 percent pure water after distillation.
- Small in size and handy to use.
- Constructed with stainless steel and a carefully crafted design that prevents the water from coming in contact with the plastic throughout.
- Specially constructed for a single person or small family use.
- Carbon filters to replenish the water with beneficial minerals and maintain its taste.
- 15 years warranty for the stainless steel.
- 2 years warranty for the electrical components.
All these features and its amazingly small size make this product one of the best water distillers that are currently available in the market.
4. Megahome, Stainless and White, Glass Bottle [Best Home water Distiller]
- YOUR SAFETY COMES FIRST: This Megahome distiller is UL (Underwriters Laboratory) approved....
- PUREST WATER: Distills 1 gallon per/5.5 hours. Distills the water at 212 degrees...
SpecificationsManufacturer: Megahome | Item Weight: 12.79 pounds | Product Dimension: 7.87 x 7.87 x 14.17 inches | UL certified | Capacity: 1 gallon per/5.5 hours |
Since its launch, thousands of people have been using this product very happily.
The Megahome stainless steel glass bottle distiller belongs to the best countertop water distillers under 250 dollars of this age due to the high-quality material used for its construction.
The interior of the product is made completely with the 304 stainless steel which is considered the highest quality material in this niche. The body does have certain plastic parts but they never come in contact with the purified water and are only limited to the body of the machine.
The package includes 6 optional activated charcoal filters specifically designed to block the volatile organic compounds from contaminating the water and making it toxic.
The filters can also replenish the lost minerals and give water a certain characteristic taste that is liked by many people.
This product has a porcelain nozzle that carefully delivers the distilled water into the glass collection bottle and provides your family with a happy and healthy lifestyle.
- Underwriters Laboratory approved and certified for fire safety prevention.
- Made with high-quality stainless steel from the inside
- 212 degree Fahrenheit temperature purifies the water at its best.
- Distills 1-gallon water in 5.5 hours.
- Porcelain lined nozzle that keeps the water untouched by the plastic material and brings it safely into the glass collection bottle.
- Provides 1-year warranty that ensures high quality of the product.
To ensure the safety of the product, Megahome has a UL certification that is a prestigious achievement for good quality manufacturing of the product ensuring the fire safety of this appliance.
5. CO-Z 110V FDA Approved Water Distiller [Best Pure Water Maker]
SpecificationsManufacturer: CO-Z | Item Weight: 13.57 pounds | Product Dimension: 18.7 x 11.02 x 13.78 inches | Removes: bacteria, dissolved solids, VOCs and almost any other contaminants | automatically switch off to prevent burn-out
CO-Z 110V FDA Approved Water Distiller is the finest distilling machine you can use on your kitchen countertops and your desktop tables. Enjoy 4litres if clean and purified water in a single go with this fast distilling purifier.
CO-Z 110V FDA Approved Water Distiller is the ultimate solution to get clean, clear, odorless, and freshwater for your whole family.
Although some people who drink a lot of water or lives in a big family find its capacity low, it is ideal for daily usage. Customers who are currently using this distiller are highly satisfied with its performance despite its limited capacity.
Now, give a little look at the main features of this water distiller:
- Every part of this distiller is safe to use because it is approved by the safety standards of the FDA. You can drink water directly from the CO-Z 110V without worrying about any contaminants or impurities.
- The stainless-steel internal steel chamber makes this distiller durable enough to last longer than other distillers.
- It contains a thermostat as an added safety feature. The thermostat prevents overheating. The automatic switch turns off by itself if the temperature exceeds 300ºF.
- This water distiller is very easy to use and maintain. There is no need to replace the cartridges again and again because these stainless-steel plastic grades cartridges are designed to last longer.
- It is very fast and filters up to 4 gallons of water in an hour. It effectively removes all the bacteria, dissolved solids, VOCs, and other contaminants from the water.
Because it is approved by the FDA, you can rest assured about the safety and usage of this distiller. Every part is safe and durable. So, stop waiting anymore, and grab yours today!
6. H2O labs model 200 [Most Convenient Water Distiller]
- The most Convenient Countertop Water Distiller! Modern Design with Advanced Functionality.
- Easy operation, Refill and Reset LED indicator, Energy efficient.
SpecificationsManufacturer: H2O labs | Item Weight: 8.57 pounds | Product Dimension: 15.94 x 12.6 x 12.17 inches | Lightweight | Capacity: to 4 gallons a day | LED indicator
H2O labs model 200 – Best Lightweight with easy fill reservoir: This model is especially appropriate for the elders and people who do not want to deal with the heavy machines just to distill and purify some water.
It has one of a kind build that leaves behind all the best with price water distillers that you can commonly find.
H2O labs model has its advanced functional design that makes a classy and aesthetic addition to your kitchen’s counter. It has a fairly good flow speed to provide you with the purest water in lesser time.
It is super easy to operate with LED refill and reset indicators that make the usage understandable for anyone.
The worst part about having to use water distillers is the high power consumption that comes as a gift with pure water. But not anymore, H2O labs model 200 is designed with efficiency as it is power efficient and uses lesser electricity than its usual counterparts. It can make up to 4 gallons of pure water per day by distilling 1 gallon in 5 hours.
some of the main features of the product are given below for your convenience:
- A lightweight alternative to common heavy steel distillers.
- Consume lesser power.
- Convenient for elderly people.
- Easy operation, Refill and Reset LED indicator, Energy-efficient.
- Lightweight, lift-out, Easy-fill water holding tank with continuous water-feed valve
- I gallon of tap water is distilled in 5 hours. Can produce 3 gallons of distilled water in a day.
- 110-120 volt unit for use in North America. (Not for use in countries with higher voltage.)
Buyer’s Guide For Water Distillers
Whenever we talk about getting pure water, the first thing that comes to our mind is a best water filter. However, there is a centuries-old technique that can produce the purest water with minimal effort from the user.
This ultra purity is great as it sounds but for some people, distilled water is not that pleasant to drink. It has a “flat” taste as described by many users, but is it a good thing? Natural water has a very attractive flavor because it has calcium magnesium and numerous other salts dissolved in it.
These minerals are beneficial for some people as well. However, these cannot stay in the water when it is distilled. Hence the purified water does not taste like anything and for some people, such water has lost its aesthetic.
Like every other customer review, this problem of flat taste is also addressed by some manufacturers and now we can find some of the affordable water distillers that have carbon filtration process installed after distillation that can restore the characteristic flavour of naturally pure water.
Drinking acidic water could be harmful to health as compared to the alkaline water which is considered healthier and safer.
However, if you are fine with the taste of pure H2O and the acidity of your distilled water doesn’t concern you, then there is no need to invest extra money in carbon filters at all.
Working Technique of water distillers
We can easily classify the water distillers on the base of technology used in water distillation systems. We can divide the water distilled machine into 2 parts:
- Vapour Compression Water Distillers
Water is distilled with the change and entrain separation. It pressurizes the vapour heat into a boil and maintains the temperature in the boiling chamber of water distillation.
- Multiple effect Water Distillers
Multiple effect water distillers evaporate the water and send the water into the steam tubes heating and evaporating more water. It recycles the heat from one boiler to the subsequent one.
Things to Consider While Buying a Water Distiller
The number of options and choices available in the market are numerous and at times very elegantly made products with lower price attracts you the most. But if you want to make a good investment, you should consider the following qualities in a water distiller.
There are a lot of companies that still use plastic for making distillers but such a construction is, in fact, hazardous because heating can release certain harmful chemicals from plastic containers . The material that you should be looking for is stainless steel or glass.
Not only are these materials safe but also they are very easy to clean. However, cleaning plastic properly is a very difficult task.
Rate of flow:
Nothing comes without a cost and so is the pure water. Distillation is a time-consuming process since the water as to be boiled, the steam is to be separated and then condensed to give pure water.
Now your choice should be dependent upon your need. If you want a quick supply of water, choose a distiller with a high flow rate so that you don’t have to wait a lot.
When you are investing in something as important as a water purifier, you would want to buy the best. But, at the same time, you have to keep in mind that you do not lose your money just because the product you bought was not durable enough.
Maintenance of a Water Distiller:
Even if you have found one of the best water distillers for your home, there are many chances that you will end up making it unusable if it is not well taken care of. Distillers protect you from thousands of different water pollutants and many of these can get stuck onto the machine usually in the form of a think stony layer. Most of these distillers come with cleaning crystals or powder but here are a few tips and tricks that can help you in maintaining your distiller and increasing its life span.
- If you turn off your distiller 15 minutes before it completes distilling all the water added in it, you will end up with a thick sludge instead of bakes salty cake at the end of the boiling chamber. This will make it easy to clean.
- Cleaning the steam chamber is very important but many times this part remains forgotten until it is too late. Make sure you clean up the whole interior of the machine regularly.
- If you do not have cleaning crystals or powder at your disposal, you can use white vinegar or lemon/lime juice. Just take a quarter cup of lime juice or vinegar and use a scrubbing brush to clean up the distiller. If the machine has removable parts, cleaning becomes even easier for you. Dip them in water along with a quarter cup of vinegar or lemon juice and leave them soaking for a while. Rinse with clean water at the end.
- It is also advised to avoid commercial cleaners while washing your distiller machine. These detergents have harsh and toxic chemicals which might clean up the machine but their traces might be left in the steam chamber and these can make your drinking water unintentionally toxic.
We have provided you a detailed review of the 6 best water distillers available in the USA. These products are available on Amazon and you can easily order them online. But when you have so many good choices, making the final decision becomes very difficult.
There are so many options and many of them are good too but which one suits you the most? To make this choice easier for you, we will give you a comparative analysis of all the available products so that you can understand which one has the qualities that you like and want the most.
Following are all the things that you should be considering. The first trade-off that you have to make is between the quality of the material and the weight of the machine. Since most of these machines use 304 stainless steel interior, it makes the size and weight of the distiller more than what you expect.
On the other hand, if you need a lightweight model like H2O labs model 200 you cannot expect for high-quality material. Most of the lightweight versions of distillers use plastics which are harmful to health when used for a prolonged period.
You also have to decide which type of flow rate and capacity you are expecting from your water distiller. The cheaper ones compromise on this quality most of the times.
However, if you have a small family or you live alone, there is no point in investing in a bigger or faster machine. Save a few bucks by making an informed decision. Lastly, you have to look out for a warranty especially if you are buying a very expensive machine.
Many people trust the company just because their product is expensive but this is not a smart way to buy anything. Although with the best water distillers, you would not have to ask for a warranty as it is mentioned along with the specifications.
All of these 6 best water distillers have at least one year warranty so that you can buy without worrying at all. After reading this article you are pretty clear about all the things that you should be looking out in a water distiller before you buy it.
These 6 suggestions are the topmost priorities of many people. You can figure out which one of these suits you the most by now. Because in the end, it is you who will decide where to invest your money.
A curious business owner who rarely depends on online reviews & opinions. I only trust products & services that I’ve tried myself – and keep the records in my articles.
Last update on 2022-05-23 at 15:25 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API