Handling contaminated or hard water supplied to your house is a difficult duty but unfortunately, there is no running away from it.
There are so many harmful side effects of this water that you do not have the choice to skip the part where water purification becomes a part of your daily routine.
That is when you lookout for the best home water purification systems that can handle all your tasks at the same time.
|1||EveryDrop by Whirlpool 10383251...||41,723 Reviews||$43.99||Buy on Amazon|
|2||ZeroWater 5-Stage Replacement Filter,...||$46.22||Buy on Amazon|
|3||Brita Standard Everyday Water Filter...||$27.99||Buy on Amazon|
In this article, we will dig into the idea of water purification systems. We will dissect the available options and recommend the best solution according to your needs.
But before we get started, you have to understand the type of purification needed by the water supplied at your home. If you only get mildly contaminated hard water, a water filter would work best for you.
However, if your water supply has dangerous contaminants in it, you would at least have to distill the drinking water. Here is how you decide.
Water Purification by Distillation
- Certified to NSF/ANSI 58, 6-Stage Alkaline Remineralization Layered Filtration:...
- BENEFITS: The iSpring RCC7AK water softener includes an additional sixth stage - an...
For extremely contaminated water, you can buy a distiller for your home. It can make the purest drinking water.
However, this system is not feasible for anything other than drinking and cooking water. With distiller at your home, you can be sure that you are not drinking any harmful substance along with your water.
Most distillers are slower than the normal filters that are used frequently. It needs time to boil water, collect the steam and condense it again to make pure water.
With distillation, you can be sure that most of the harmful pathogens are killed automatically due to high temperatures. You can store this distilled water in airtight glass containers and use it when needed. Here are some suggestions.
- Megahome Countertop Water Distiller
- H2O Labs’ model 100
- Pure Water Mini-Classic CT 120v
- Olizee 304 Stainless Steel Water Distiller
- H2O labs model 200
To have a better idea, read 6 best water distillers.
On the contrary, if you are looking for a whole house water purification system to purify hard water, a water filtration system will work perfectly for you.
Water Purification by Filtration
- Award-winning LifeStraw water filter is a must-carry tool for hiking, camping, travel, and...
- Filters up to 1,000 gallons (4,000 liters) of contaminated water without iodine, chlorine,...
Purifying water through a good quality water filter depends entirely upon your needs. There are many different types of water filters that you can invest in without having to waste money on a huge whole house water filtration plant.
Broadly there are 4 different types of water filters that can make it to our list of best home water purification systems.
Under The Sink Water Filter or RO System
Reverse osmosis or RO systems are mostly installed under the sink. They can purify even the worst quality tap water and remove a number of harmful agents from water. But don’t forget to compromise on these systems and always buy good quality Reverse Osmosis systems for your home.
They can make the water taste better and remove any bad smell from it as well. You can easily install them under your kitchen sink and then forget about having to deal with bad quality water. The only downside of this type of water filter is the high price.
However, when we take into account the efficiency of their water purification, these systems are worth the investment.
Countertop Water Filters
- REDUCES HARMFUL CONTAMINANTS IN TAP WATER: Removes 99% of substances commonly found in...
- CONNECTS TO DOMESTIC FAUCET MODELS: APEX countertop filters have been designed to...
These are the most common types of water filters. You can place a system on your kitchen counter and get filtered water according to your requirements.
In this way, your filter won’t be overused and will stay longer than the automated systems. When we talk about countertop water systems one name that pops up in our mind is Berkey. Berkey water filters have managed to earn a high place in this industry.
They have a wide range of high-quality water filters that vary in size from small 1 gallon ones to large ones with 16 gallons holding capacity.
Also, see Berkey Water Filters Review
- High-quality food grade 304 stainless steel housing, Cracking-proof and no-leakage,...
- The most advanced Activated Carbon Fiber (ACF) filtration technology, inhibit bacterial...
A very simple and convenient way of filtering water is to attach a filter to your faucet. These filters are easy to attach and remove and you can replace them without any extra effort.
These faucet filters can give you clean running water on demand and they are mostly very economical as well.
Water Filtering Pitchers
- 23 Cup Water Dispenser: With a slim tank and no-drip spigot, ZeroWater's filtered water...
- Five Stage Water Filtration: Unlike many water filters and pitchers, ZeroWater filters use...
This is an easy option to filter water. All you have to do is to add water to your pitcher and here you have some fresh and clean drinking water.
It is a portable solution and is widely acclaimed by many people. However, some water filtering pitchers could be very expensive due to the high-quality filters used in making them. But in the end, it is worth the price if you are getting what you want.
Here are some of the best quality water filter systems.
- iSpring RCC7AK 6-Stage Reverse Osmosis Drinking Water Filter System
- APEC Water Systems RO-90 Ultimate Series Reverse Osmosis Drinking Water Filter System
- Home Master TMAFC-ERP Artesian Undersink Reverse Osmosis Water Filter System
- Aquagear Water Filter Pitcher
- Invigorated Water FBA_COMINHKG056108 Deepa Restore Alkaline Pitcher Ionizer
- New Wave Enviro 10 Stage Water Filter
- Home Master TMJRF2 Counter Top Water Filtration System
- Big Berkey Water Filter 2.5 Gallon System
A curious business owner who rarely depends on online reviews & opinions. I only trust products & services that I’ve tried myself – and keep the records in my articles.
Last update on 2021-04-07 at 20:25 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API